Head of department
Galina V. Babich
Phone: +375 (17) 361-91-30; 399-43-63
Major trends of activities:
- management and coordination of patent-licensing and inventive activities;
- registration of research projects;
- processing and provision of information.
Priority functions of the department:
- filing of patent applications and substantiation of legal protection for intellectual property objects, monitoring of valid patent status, preparing and signing of contracts with authors of intellectual property objects, supervision of contract realization;
- legitimization of Institute proprietary rights for developed intellectual products and their legislative protection;
- conducting patent investigations;
- participation in marketing of research results;
- elaboration of regulating and methodological documentation package describing various aspects of creation, judicial protection and application of intellectual property objects, payment of bonuses to the authors of inventions and contributing persons; ensuring legal substantiation of Institute accords; launching a complex of actions to promote marketing of research products (participation in expositions, production of exhibits and advertising materials, laying out information on Institute site, etc);
- replenishment of patent and technical literature fund.
- conceptualization and pursuance of Institute policy in the sphere of intellectual property aimed at stimulation of scientific and innovation potential, oriented to meet market demands and to promote commercialization of research results, to foster cooperation with industrial partners, colleagues from national and foreign scientific institutions;
- key role in planning Institute marketing strategy, prognosticating demand for commercial application of Institute intellectual property objects.