Head of the laboratory:
Alena M. Hlushen
Ph.D. in biology
Phone: +375 (17) 310-16-25; 392-21-46
The laboratory was founded in 1994.
Main investigation trends:
- monitoring performance of microbial cenoses in contaminated environmental media to elucidate their role in transformation and degradation of pollutants;
- investigation of mechanisms controlling biodecomposition of organic and inorganic compounds and evaluation of bioremediation potential in microbial strains – degraders of xenobiotics;
- elaboration and application of biotechnologies for recovery of contaminated terrestrial and aquatic areas;
- development of bioprocesses to enhance auto-remediating capacity of soil and water systems;
- maintenance and replenishment of laboratory collection of microbial cultures degrading xenobiotics.
Results of researh activities:
- biosynthetic, decomposing and transforming activity of microorganisms degrading various groups of organic pollutants was examined;
- metabolic conversion pathways were deciphered for the following xenobiotics: esters of phthalic acids, oil hydrocarbons, chlorophenols, volatile organic compounds, tertiary methyl- and ethylamines;
- selection principles were formulated for microorganisms mineralizing toxic pollutants down to harmless products;
- collection of microbial strains degrading a broad spectrum of organic compounds was set up;
- theoretical substantials for eco-safe technologies aimed at restoration of polluted natural and production media were postulated;
- systemic microbial preparations «Cleanbac», «Antoil» and «Deammon» were designed to intensify detoxification of municipal sewage and industrial effluents;
- efficient technologies engaging biopreparations «Ecobel», «Rhodobel T», «Rhodobel TN» were introduced for recultivation of oil-polluted soils;
- over 35 processes envisaging absorption-biochemical treatment of ventilation discharges were scaled up to industrial level at several car-manufacturing, metallurgic, wood-processing, chemical plants in Belarus, Russia, Ukraine (in partnership with company Industrial ecological systems).
- Chirikova, M. S. Application efficiency of microbial preparation designed to intensify disposal of lipid compounds in wastewaters / M. S. Chirikova, T. P. Shakun, A. S. Samsonova // Life chemistry research: biological systems. – Waretown: Apple Academic Press Inc., 2015. – P. 219–225.
- Samsonova, A. S. Biosorption preparation Rhodobel-TN: production technology and application efficiency / A. S. Samsonova // Microbial biotechnologies: basic and applied aspects: collected papers. – Minsk: Belaruskaya Navuka, 2014. – Vol. 6. – P. 317–337.
- Klishevich, N. G. Associations of microorganisms-oil degraders / N. G. Klishevich, A. S. Samsonova // International Journal of Advanced Studies. – St. Louis: Science and Innovation Center, 2013. – Р. 69–71.
- Hygienic substantiation of maximum permissible concentrations of oil products in the soils of the Republic of Belarus / V. M. Rubin [et al.] // Gigiena i Sanitaria. – 2013. – Vol. 2. – P. 99–101.
- Samsonova, A. S. Microbial detoxification of sewage contaminated with oils, fats and petroleum products / A. S. Samsonova, Z. M. Aleschenkova, N. F. Syomochkina // Biotechnology and the Environment including Biogeotechnology. – New York: Nova Science Publishers, 2006. – Vol. 1. – P. 73–85.