Belarussian Non-governmental Association of Microbiologists (BNAM) is an independent body uniting on voluntary basis the scientists, agricultural and industrial experts, PhD students and undergraduates enthusiastic over progress of microbiology in Belarus. The whole republic is swept by its activities.
In 2010 BNAM was elected as a full-time member of Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS) which facilitated closer links with EEC colleagues.
Principal objective of BNAM activity comprehensive support and promotion of advances in microbiology across Belarus, popularizing of microbial-based innovation projects – from theoretical concept to large-scale commercial process.
BNAM major tasks:
- Launching research initiatives in the area of microbiology, including international collaboration;
- Upgrading professional skills of BNAM members;
- Distributing results of research projects;
- Rendering theoretical and methodological assistance to high school and academic institutions in tuition of microbiology and biotechnology disciplines;
- Publicizing stock knowledge and latest findings in the field of basic and applied microbiology.
The subject of BNAM activities is research, teaching and practical work in microbiology.
BNAM pursues its aims and tasks by the following methods:
- Promoting studies on various aspects of microbiology and biotechnology
- Arranging national and international symposia and conferences on the topics of microbiology and biotechnology and publication of forum proceedings
- Advising and mediating services to BNAM members as to publication of papers, scale-up of laboratory technologies to industrial level and their commercialization
- Training and raising qualifications of BNAM members
- Active contribution in editing manuals and tuition-methodological aids by BNAM members
- Circulation of information related to microbiology, biotechnology and ecology in mass media and via consultations, lectures, exhibitions.
BNAM legal address:
Kuprevich str. 2, 220141, Minsk, Belarus
Phone/fax: +375 (17) 267-47-66