Head of the laboratory:
Marina N. Mandryk-Litvinkovich
Ph. D. in biology
Phone: +(375) 17 396-86-03
Fax: +(375) 17 264-47-66
The laboratory was founded in 2018 after restructuring of the laboratory of biological control agents.
Principal research trends:
- Diagnostics of fungal and bacterial crop pathogens using DNA typing procedure;
- Isolation, selection and genetic engineering of microbial strains showing phytoprotecting and growth-stimulating properties, directed regulation of their antagonistic activity;
- Elaboration of competitive technologies for production of biological control agents.
Major investigation results:
- Collection of microbial cultures displaying high antagonistic activity toward plant pathogens was set up; mechanisms governing antimicrobial action of introduced cultures were deciphered; key factors determining synthesis of microbicidal metabolites by the studied strins were identified;
- Biotechnologies were developed and pilot-plant production of microbial preparations for crop cultivation was arranged.
- Determinative guide of phytopathogenic microorganisms for rapid and precise molecular-genetic diagnosing of cultivar diseases;
- Biopesticides Fruitin and Ecosad (to control fruit pathogens), Betaprotectin (to suppress clamp rot of sugar beet, root rots of tomatoes and cucumbers), Ecogreen (to counter infection of cucumbers and greens spices in small-scale hydroponic culture), Xantrel (to protect potatoes from pests and pathogens), Bactosol (to shield potato seedlings during vegetation season and tubers in the course of storage), complex microbial preparations Agrorevitol (to degrade residual herbicides in soil and to promote crop harvests) and Polybact (to restore soil microbial cenoses and to increase productivity of cultivans).
- Bacteria Bacillus amyloliquefaciens 355 possessing complex antimicrobial, growth-stimulating and cellulolytic activities / T. L. Nosonova, M. N. Mandryk-Litvinkovich, O. V. Molchan, E. I. Kolomiets // Microbial biotechnologies: basic and applied aspects: Annual Transact. Institute Microbiol. NAS of Belarus, eds. E. Kolomiets, A. Lobanok – Minsk, 2016. – Vol. 8. – P. 226-235.
- Molecular-genetical structural peculiarities of phage Pf-10 / T. A. Pilipchuk, L. N. Valentovich, M. A. Titok, E. I. Kolomiets // Doklady Nat. Acad. Nauk Belarusi. – 2017. – Vol. 61, № 1. – P. 78-84.
- Principles of biopesticide Ecogreen production technology / M. N. Mandryk-Litvinkovich, T. L. Nosonova, V. N. Kuptsov, G. K. Zhuromsky, E. G. Shinkorenko, E. I. Kolomiets // Microbial biotechnologies: basic and applied aspects: Annual Transact. Inst. Microbiol. NAS Belarus eds. E. I. Kolomiets, A. G. Lobanok. – Minsk, 2017. – Vol. 9. – P. 210-224.