Head of the laboratory:
Tatiana V. Romanovskaya
Ph.D. in biology
Phone: +375 17 373-42-82; +375 17 247-27-85
The laboratory was founded in 2018 stemming from restructured laboratory of biological control agents
Principal research trends:
- isolation, selection and engineering of super active strains of sporulating bacteria with probiotic properties;
- elucidation of mechanisms governing antimicrobial action of probiotic cultures, identification of the nature of produced metabolites and their controlled synthesis;
- elaboration of technologies for production of probiotic veterinary preparations, feed additives, biodisinfectans, detergents with probiotic components.
Major research results:
- the collection of sporulating bacterial cultures of genus Bacillus showing elevated antagonistic activity against pathogenic and opportunistic microorganisms – causal against of animal, fowl and fish diseases was set up;
- competitive biotechnologies were developed and scaled up to pilot plant level to manufacture probiotic preparations for stock farms, commercial avi- and pisciculture.
Key RTD products:
- veterinary preparations – for livestock and poultry: Bacinyl, Bacinyl-K (for correction of gastrointestinal microbial cenoses and stimulation of immune system of sick cattle, swine and poultry), Vetosporin (for prevention and treatment of purulent – necrotic skin lesions in animals), Enatin (for preventive sanitary treatment of stock and poultry farms); for industrial fish farming: Emilin (for prophylaxis and therapy of carp fish bacterial disease), Bacto-health (prophylactic remedy for bacterial infections of commercially valuable fish species); Biovir (for decontamination and remediation of fish ponds and water bodies);
- feed supplements: Sporobact, Sporobact K (to enhance biological digestibility of fodder, to recover gastrointestinal microbial cenoses of young cattle, swine and poultry), Proxyferon (to normalize gut biocenoses, to prevent and cure immunodeficiency and infection fowl diseases)
- New probiotic preparations based on sporulating bacteria of genus Bacillus for stock farms// N. V. Sverchkova, N. S. Zaslavskaya, T. V. Romanovskaya, E. I. Kolomiets // Vesti NAN Belarusi. Biol. ser.- 2014.-No 1.- P. 8-11.
- Upgraded technology of producing probiotic Bacinil-K for composite feed rations / T. V. Romanovskaya, N. V. Sverchkova, A. V. Berezhnaya, G. V. Zhuk, N. I. Girilovich, V. R. Stempitsky, A. A. Kuleshov, A. V. Mikhalyuk // Microbial biotechnologies: basic and applied aspects: Annual Transactions of Institute of Microbiology, NAS of Belarus, eds. E. I. Kolomiets, A. G. Lobanok – Minsk, Belarus, Navuka Press, 2015.- Vol. 7. – P. 144-159.
- Technology of manufacturing and application of a new probiotic preparation for forage production / N. V.Sverchkova, N. S.Zaslavskaya, T. V.Romanovskaya, E. I.Kolomiets, A. N. Michaluk, M. A. Kavrus // J. of Nature Science and Sustainable Technology. – 2015. – Vol. 9, № 1.- P. 1-11.
- Consortium of bacteria Bacillus subtilis as the active component of probiotic preparation for feed formulation and the method of producing derived probiotic preparation for composite feed rations / Belarusian Patent 21183, C12 N/20, F 61K 35/742 // Sverchkova N. V., Kolomiets E. I., Romanovskaya T. V., Zhuk G. V., Zaslavskaya N. S. Appl. Institute of Microbiology, NAS of Belarus application No. 20131071, filed 12.09.2013 publ. 30.08.2017 // Off. Bullet, National center of intellectual property – 2017.- No.4. – P. 99.
- Probiotic preparation for prevention and treatment of bacterial diseases in valuable fish species / N. V. Sverchkova, T. V. Romanovskaya, N. V. Evsegneeva, G. V. Zhuk, E. I. Kolomiets, V. Y. Ageets, S. M. Degtyarik / Microbial biotechnologies: basic and applied aspects: Annual Transact. Inst. Microbiol. NAS Belarus: eds. E. I. Kolomiets, A. G. Lobanok – Minsk, 2018 – Vol. 10. – Р. 249-262.