Phone: +(375) 17 264-05-15
Fax: +(375) 17 264-47-66
Biodeterioration Monitoring Group was structurally integrated into the Department of Biotechnology of Biological Control Agents in 2018.
Principal research trends:
- assessment of fungal contamination in buildings, development of environmentally safe methods for protection against mould damage;
- testing resistance of different materials to mould attack in model experiment;
- studies on the diversity and biotechnological potential of microorganisms isolated from natural and anthropogenic substrates brought from Antarctica.
Major investigation results:
- the main reasons and factors of mould growth in buildings and premises were revealed;
- in collaboration with the Institute of Physics NAS of Belarus the approaches were developed for application of low-temperature plasma technology to decontaminate materials infected with spores of mould fungi;
- the Antarctic isolates were screened for psychrotolerant cultures with elevated antagonistic activity against plant pathogens.
Key R&D products and technologies:
- collection of fungi and DNA bank of micromycetes responsible for biodeterioration processes and engaged in fungal resistance laboratory trials were set up;
- in cooperation with the researchers from Belarusian State Technological University the method of producing biopreparation “Phlebiopin” based on basidiomycete Phlebiopsis gigantea was elaborated and introduced into practice to protect conifer plantations from root rot.
- Arashkova A.A., Gontcharova I.A., Mitskevich A.G., Kostenevich A.A., Sharich T.V. Fungi of the genus Aspergillus causing mold damage in residential and public premises // Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Biological series. – № 3. – Minsk, 2016. – P. 13–16.
- Gontcharova I.A., Arashkova A.A., Evdokimova O.V., Valentovich L.N., Trigubovich A.M., Kostenevich A.A. Optimization of conditions for DNA extraction from fungi of the genus Aspergillus for molecular-genetic identification // Microbial biotechnologies: fundamental and applied aspects. – 2016. – P. 62–72.
- Gontcharova I., Arashkova A., Bordusau S., Madveika S., Filatova I., Lyushkevich V., Brablec A. Study of the effect of low-temperature plasma exposure on mould fungi colonizing paper // Plasma Physics and Technology. – 2016. – Vol. 3, №3. – P. 147–150.
- Arashkova A.A., Gontcharova I.A., Poskannaya E.S., Sakevich V.N., Trigubovich A.M., Sharich T.V. Development of biostable oil composition // Bulletin of Vitebsk State Technological University. – 2017. – № 32. – P. 140–148.
- Trigubovich A.M., Shmyga E.Yu., Sidorenko A.V., Myamin V.E. Isolation and physiological and biochemical characteristics of bacteria – contaminants of anthropogenic materials from Antarctic habitats // Microbial biotechnologies: fundamental and applied aspects. – 2018. – Vol.10. – P. 158–171.
- Arashkova, A.A. Mould resistance of building blocks in the conditions of model experiment /A. A. Arashkova // Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Biological series. – 2019. – №1. – P. 96–101.