HEAD OF THE LABORATORY:
Aliaksandr A. Kastsianevich, Ph.D.
Phone: +375 (17) 399-50-12, +375 (17) 369-90-5
Fax: +375 (17) 267-47-66
Laboratory of expiremental mycology was founded in 1992. In 2010 after incorporation of biodeterioration group it was restructured into laboratory of experimental mycology and biodeterioration. In 2015 laboratory was restructured into laboratory of protein.
Main investigation trends:
- engineering and investigation of recombinant proteins and bioactive peptides attractive for medicine, agriculture and food industry;
- physiology, biochemistry and molecular biology of fungi; elaboration of biotechnologies for intensive fermentation of edible and medicinal fungi to derive novel feed, alimentary and medical products.
Results of researh activities:
- examination of cultural-morphological and physiological-biochemical properties of edible and medicinal fungi from genera Pleurotus, Lentinus, Ganoderma, Laetiporus, Phallus was carried out;
- the following feed additives were developed: «Cordycehol» to promote growth and development of farm stock, to raise antioxidant activity, to enhance natural resistance and immunobiological reactivity of the organism; «MycormPlus» for young cattle;
- factors promoting colonization of modern construction materials by microscopic algae, moulds and wood-decaying fungi were defined;
- ecologically-safe methods were elaborated to eliminate mould attack zones at various objects: dwellings, museums, temples, buildings under construction and reconstruction (National library of Belarus, Belarussian State circus, Grand opera and ballet theater, etc. ).
- Kastsianevich, A.A. Antioxidant properties of apo-form of recombinant human lactoferrin isolated from transgenic goat milk / A.A. Kastsianevich, M.A. Kapustin, H.S. Chubarova // AASCIT Journal of Biology. – 2017. – Vol. 3, № 2. – P. 9–13.
- Kastsianevich, A.A. A novel β-galactosidase from Arthrobacter sulfonivorans: purification, characterization and gene cloning / A.A. Kastsianevich / The EuroBiotech Journal. – 2017. – Vol. 1, № 1. – P. 105–106.
- Antimicrobial and antioxidant properties of apo-form of recombinant human lactoferrin isolated from goat milk / R.N. Birukou [et al.] // Microbial biotechnologies: basic and applied aspects: collect papers. – Minsk: Belaruskaya Navuka, 2017. – Vol. 9. – P. 305‒317.
- World practice for production of recombinant human lactoferrin (review) / I.S. Agievitch [et al.] // Microbial biotechnologies: basic and applied aspects: collect papers. – Minsk: Belaruskaya Navuka, 2017. – Vol. 9. – P. 9‒30.
- Comparative kinetic characteristic of the Arthrobacter sulfonivorans strain growth and extracellular beta-galactosidase synthesis / L.I. Sapunova [et al.] // Doklady of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. – 2017. – Vol. 61, № 4. – P. 83–88.
- Using waste straw substrate after oyster mushroom cultivation for feeding of young cattle / T.A. Puchkova [et al.] / Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, biological series – № 4. – Minsk: Belaruskaya Navuka, 2016. – С. 42–47.