Head of the laboratory:
Anastasiya V. Sidarenka
Ph.D. in biology, Associate Professor (Ass. Prof.)
Phone: +375 (17) 268-61-21
Fax: +375 (17) 267-47-66
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
The laboratory was founded in 1995.
Leading researcher PhD Alena I. Ladutska;
Researcher Hanna V. Kanterova;
Researcher Hanna A. Bareika;
Junior Researcher Alexandra D. Gerasimovich;
Junior Researcher Svetlana I. Leonovich;
Junior Researcher Victoriya V. Savich;
Junior Researcher Anastasiya V. Savchik.
Principal research trends:
- depositing and maintenance of microbial cultures valuable for different areas of microbiology and biotechnology in a specialized collection fund;
- selection and genetic engineering of highly active strains to develop biopreparations of novel generation;
- molecular-genetic identification of bacteria, bacteriophages, filamentous and yeast-like fungi, studies on physiology and genetics of microorganisms representing diverse taxonomic groups;
- optimization of long-term preservation methods for microbial cultures in collection depository;
- classification of information on deposited cultures, setting up databases describing microbial collection stock, consulting on identification and preservation of microorganisms;
- depositing of microbial strains for storage and patent procedure;
- provision of microbial cultures upon request of scientific institutions, universities, production enterprises of microbiological profile.
Major investigation results:
- Belarusian collection of non-pathogenic microorganisms incorporates over 2470 cultures representing diverse taxonomic groups.
- Belarusian collection of non-pathogenic microorganisms is rated as the Object of National asset.
- The collection was formally registered as a member of World Federation of Culture Collections (WFCC).
- Catalogues and databases of microbial cultures comprising entries of type, reference and industrial strains were published in Russian and English versions.
- Guidelines for depositing microbial strains at Belarusian collection of non-pathogenic microorganisms were formulated.
- Procedures for washless method of low-temperature conservation of bacteria, bacteriophages, mycelial and yeast-like fungi were introduced. Optimal regimens of refrigerating-defrosting and desiccation of cell suspensions and bacterial concentrates were defined.
- Molecular-genetical identification of microorganisms from different taxonomic groups is performed on a permanent basis.
Biopesticide Multiphage to control bacterial diseases of vegetables
in open field.
Specifications BY 100289066.110-2013; State registration № 06-0087.
Galina Novik – laureate of the prize of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus – 2007 for the best scientific work.
- Novik, G. Beneficial lactic acid bacteria. Use of lactic acid bacteria in production of probiotics / G. Novik, V. Savich // Pocket guide to bacterial infections / ed. K. Balamurugan. – CRC Press, 2019. – P. 225-278.
- Novik G. Biodiversity conservation of phages and microbial populations / G. Novik, V. Savich, E. Kiseleva // Microbial Resource Conservation, Soil Biology / eds. S. Sharma, A. Varma. – Vol. 54. – Springer International Publishing AG, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, Cham, Switzerland, 2018. – Chapter 10. – P. 261-301.
- Novik, G. Classification and identification of bacteriophage receptors / G. Novik, V. Savich, A. Ladutska // Understanding microbial pathogens: current knowledge and educational ideas on antimicrobial research / eds. E. Torres-Hergueta, A. Méndez-Vilas. – Formatex Research Center, 2018. – P. 108-120.
- Novik, G. Waste degradation and utilization by lactic acid bacteria: use of lactic acid bacteria in production of food additives, bioenergy and biogas / G. Novik, O. Meerovskaya, V. Savich // Food Additives, Chapter 5., ed. by Prof. D. N. Karunaratne, G. Pamunuwa, 2017.– Rijeka, Croatia: InTech, 2017. – P. 105–146.
- Novik, G. Bacteriophages of Pseudomonas bacteria: application in medicine and agriculture. / G. Novik, V. Savich // The Battle Against Microbial Pathogens: Basic Science, Technological Advances and Educational Programs. A. Méndez-Vilas (ed.) – Formatex Research Center. 2015/2016 – V.1 – p. 295–304.
- Novik, G. An insight into beneficial Pseudomonas bacteria / G. Novik, V. Savich, E. Kiseleva // Microbiology in Agriculture and Human Health, Chapter 5. // ed. by Dr. Mohammad Manjur Shah, 2015 –– Rijeka, Croatia: InTech, 2015. – P. 73–105.
- Probiotics / G. Novik [et al.] // Biotransformation of Waste Biomass into High Value Biochemicals / S. K. Brar (eds.) [et al.]. – New York: Springer Science+Business Media, 2014. – P. 187–235.